When you decide to renovate your home or build a new home, you must pay attention to the kitchen sink while selecting it. The perfect kitchen sink should be the center of attention in your kitchen. It is vital to install the right type of kitchen sink that suits your lifestyle and last a lifetime. Usually, the kitchen sink endures a lot. Therefore, you must select the kitchen sink that depends on your needs and how you will use one.
Of course, when it comes to selecting the kitchen sinks, these days, a mesmerizing variety of choices are available in the market. It can confuse you a lot when you want to select the ideal one for your kitchen. Remember, choosing the kitchen sink that suits your needs and lifestyle perfectly is not a random task. You must ensure that the sink has adequate capability to last for a long time. So, you can get the best value for your hard-earned money.
Today, various kitchen sinks are available in the market that is made up of various materials. Let us check out it in brief.
Kitchen Sink Materials
1. Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks
Stainless steel kitchen sinks are the most popular sinks and it is available in different shapes, sizes, and even finishes. Let us check out its pros and cons in brief.
- Highly durable
- Corrosion and rust-resistant
- Comes with lengthy guarantees
- Low maintenance
- Generally, the cheapest of all the materials
- Top mount, flush-mount, and under-mount options available
- Thin stainless steel sinks are more likely to scratch
- Get dented easily if something heavy is dropped in.
2. Granite Composite Sinks
These days, the granite composite sinks are the trendiest. They are available in various styles, shapes, sizes, colors, and finishes.
- Extremely durable
- Anti-bacterial surface
- Long time guarantee
- Wide range of colors, size, and styles available
- Very hard surface. It can damage things that are dropped on it.
- Need careful maintenance
- It is heavy then stainless steel sinks so that requires a sturdier worktop.
3. Fireclay Ceramic Sinks
These ceramic sinks are still the traditional choice. You can easily find this kind of sink in any traditional-style kitchen.
- Highly durable
- Effortlessly stylish
- It can withstand most household chemicals.
- It is quite an expensive option.
- It is heavy.
- There are fewer options available.
4. Copper Kitchen Sinks
The copper sink’s alluring look makes it a bold and striking addition to any kitchen. But, it has some unique characteristics. So, before purchasing it one should keep it in mind.
- Gives alluring look to the kitchen
- Largely handmade by craftsman
- Thicker copper is less noisy than stainless steel sinks and more resistant to denting.
- The shiny copper can develop a deep brown color over time if not maintained properly.
Various Types of Kitchen Sinks Available in the Market
- Top-Mount, Drop-In, or Self-Rimming Sink
- Undermount Sink
- Double Basin/Bowl Sink
- Single Basin/Bowl Sink
- Farmhouse or Apron Sink
- Drainboard Sink
- Low Divider Double Basin Sink
- Island, Bar, or Prep Sink
- Integrated Sink
Most Exhilarating Kitchen Sink Trend – Black Kitchen Sink
In this blog, we will discuss the exciting new kitchen trend – black stainless steel sink. Of course, most kitchen sinks are usually white or stainless but nowadays, the black kitchen sink is in the trend. Whether you love it or hate it, you have to admit that it will surely draw the attention of people.
Now, you are definitely excited to buy the black sink, but before buying it there are a few things that you have to keep in mind. Let us go through it one by one.
Things to Keep In Mind While Purchasing a Black Kitchen Sink
- These days, in a market, just like anything ‘colored’ including taps and fixtures, there can be a cheaper alternative that you should be careful of. Nowadays, there are black sinks that are coated stainless steel is available easily in a market. However, this is not something that you want for the most hard-working area of your home. Of course, it is an affordable option which can be easily replaced over time if in future you want to go for other options.
- If you want to invest in a top-quality black sink then you should choose black kitchen sinks that are made from granite or quartz composite. The reason behind it is they are durable, stain-resistant, scratch, heat, and fade resistant.
- If you are on a tight budget and want to enjoy a modern look in your kitchen, then you can go for a black stainless steel sink. The reason behind it is quite simple – as compared to stainless steel kitchen sinks, they are pricier. In reality, they can be of a double price.
- If you are living in a suburb where water is hard then definitely a black kitchen sink is not the perfect pick for you. It is because hard water can leave white marks on the sink. On the other side, you cannot make use of the harsh chemicals in the sinks as they can also leave the marks. So, you should use mild detergent when washing up and cleaning.
In summary, your kitchen sink should be your main and essential focus while designing your kitchen. Just like the kitchen faucet and other facilities are available in the wide variety, you will also get ample of options while you are on your way to choose the great style kitchen sink that gives your kitchen a completely new look. One of them is a black stainless sink that can give your kitchen an ultra-modern look without spending tons of money in kitchen renovation.
Do you have a black kitchen sink? From where have you purchased it? Do you have any questions regarding the black sink? Share your views, experiences, questions, and answers with us in a comment section below. We would love to hear it from you.
For more architectural guidance and home improvement ideas, keep coming to Interiorcraze.