Imagine waking up in a good mood and going to the bathroom to start your day. But instead of a clean bathroom, you see a clogged, dirty toilet. How would you feel seeing a clogged toilet? Undoubtedly, your morning will be ruined, right? know here how to unclog the toilet when nothing works.
Clogged Toilets Are a Common Problem That Many People Face at Least Once in Their Lifetime.
After flushing your toilet, instead of going into the flush, water starts overflowing nearly to the top of the bowl. I know it’s a terrible and horrible experience! If problems like water drainage, leakage, and clogging occur quite frequently in your toilet, this simply means that your toilet might have been clogged up temporarily.
Are you facing similar clogging and water issues? If yes, it’s high time to clean your toilet. You might be thinking about how I can unclog my toilet fast and quickly. We’re not talking about the regular cleaning but the deep cleaning, which also includes unclogging it deeply.
Today in this blog, we will talk about how to unclog a toilet when nothing works. We’ve compiled a list of the top 5 ways to unclog the toilet. You can also call a plumber or a professional to deal with this problem but it will be costly every time.
With simple tricks and materials, you can easily handle this problem at any time without being a professional plumber. So follow the below methods and home remedies to unclog a toilet and get rid of this uncomfortable situation.
What Causes a Clogged Toilet?
Clogged toilets are filthy, unpleasant to look at, and disgusting to clean. If this problem keeps on coming, you have to know the root cause of it. You need to identify the potential issues causing the blockages and eliminate them so that this problem will not occur in the future.
There are numerous possible causes why your toilet keeps on clogging, such as overuse of toilet paper or flushing something that you probably shouldn’t have. Sometimes, the problem is related to the toilet itself or drain lines.
Below are some common causes when your toilet keeps clogging:
- Your drain line is clogged due to the hair, paper, and foreign objects.
- The toilet vent is blocked or obstructed.
- The toilet trap or S-trap is blocked.
- There’s not enough water in the tank.
- You use too much toilet paper.
- Your toilet is an older model or a low flow model.
- There is a hard water build-up in the pipes.
- You flushed things that shouldn’t be flushed.
Other than these, if there are clogging issues anywhere in your home, that will also cause clogging in your toilet. When there is any type of blockage, it will also affect the entire plumbing system of your house, including your toilets.
5 Quick & Easy Ways to Unclog a Toilet
Clogged toilets are the worst nightmare for every homeowner. Now you know all the possible causes of a clogged toilet. So instead of paying extra bucks to the plumber and waiting for him to fix it, learn how to unstop the toilet.
Below are some easy ways and products to unclog toilets. These simple step-by-step instructions will help you to unclog your toilet when nothing works. Some of the methods that we mentioned below will clear your blocked toilet within a few minutes, while others may take some time and more elbow grease.
So, let’s start the process of how to unclog a toilet when nothing works. Before that, here is the list of all the necessary tools and materials that you’ll require to unclog your toilet:
- Plumbing Snake
- Dish Wash Soap
- Enzymes Products
- Plunger or Suction Cup
- Baking Soda and Vinegar
- Hot Water or Boiling Water
There are certain tools available in the market that are affordable and work perfectly for unclogging the toilet, such as a Plunger. Whether you have a corner toilet or a compact toilet for a small space, this handy tool will work efficiently. There are various types of plungers available in the market. You can either select the one with flange or the heavy-duty ones according to your budget and need.
A toilet plunger comes with a long cup and a rubber cup at the front. It works on the suction and pumping action. But before using it, wear rubber gloves and a mask so that you can protect yourself from any splashing and smells.
Follow these steps:
- First, carefully insert the rubber part of the plunger into the toilet bowl and hold the handle firmly.
- After this, start pushing the plunger down slowly.
- Again insert it and pull it down.
- Repeat this step quite a few times so that it creates a vacuum.
Doing this will slowly suck out the deep toilet clogs, and the water and waste will be pushed down the toilet drain.
Try Baking Soda And Vinegar
This is another simple home solution for a toilet clog – a mixture of baking soda and vinegar. This method is reliable and when a plunger fails, it is the best thing to unclog the toilet. These two things are readily available in the kitchen, but if it’s not, you can find them in any local store.
This will not only work perfectly to unclog your toilet but also helps to remove the unwanted smells and stains in your toilet. Just follow this procedure on how to unclog the flushing toilet with baking soda and vinegar.
- First, take a bowl and pour two cups of water and one cup of baking soda into it.
- Mix the solution thoroughly and slowly.
- After this, pour this solution into your toilet bowl. Do it slowly and carefully.
- Wait for some time and then pour two cups of vinegar into the toilet bowl and wait for several minutes or even hours.
- Lastly, add a gallon of boiling water as it helps to dissolve the strains of the solution from your toilet.
Baking soda and white vinegar is a powerful combination that is used for clearing various types of clogs. It creates a strong chemical reaction that breaks down the blockage and loosens the materials blocking the toilet.
NOTE: Before trying any other method, you should wait for at least 6 to 8 hours. Also, don’t flush it before this time period.
Use Dish Soap And Hot Water
If baking soda and vinegar are unable to open your clogged toilet, try this soap and water method. Here are simple steps to unclog a toilet:
- First, boil one or two gallons of water on the stove and keep it aside to cool it a little bit.
- In the meantime, pour a quarter cup of dish soap into your toilet bowl.
- After this, slowly fill the toilet with warm water and wait for a few minutes.
- The mixture of soap and warm water will help loosen the clog. After some time, flush the toilet to push the clogs out.
This is all about how to unclog a toilet fast with dish soap. However, if this method fails, try the next option in the list.
Try a Plumbing Snake
A plumbing snake, also known as a closet auger, is a tool specifically made for cleaning drains. This product is easily available in local plumbing and hardware stores and can be commonly seen in many American homes. So if you’re facing toilet clogging issues regularly, investing in a Closet Auger is a good idea.
A plumbing snake is a flexible, coiled wire that looks like a hook at the front. Its shape helps it to reach deep down the drain and unclog the toilet. This tool also has a rubber coating which helps protect the porcelain from scratches and damages. Plus, the usage is pretty similar to the plunger, except that you have to insert this tool all the way down into the drains.
So how to unclog a toilet using a plumbing snake? Just follow the below steps:
- First, wear rubber gloves to avoid any splashing.
- Now slowly put the end of the snake tool into the toilet bowl.
- After this, carefully push it down and further into the toilet.
- Change the toilet bowl if the problem repeats.
- Try to push and twist the handle in a clockwise motion to break the clog into small pieces. This will cause the blockage to go down, and if any towel or rag is clogging your toilet, the hook will bring it out to the surface.
- Continue the process until you don’t feel any resistance and the tool moves freely in the toilet. Finally, flush the toilet.
Use an Enzyme Product
If the above four methods are unable to unclog your toilet, using enzyme products is the last way before calling a professional.
Enzyme products liquefy solid waste material in toilets and unclog toilets in a quick, successful process. The product is mainly used to disintegrate waste in septic systems; that’s why it is widely available in most groceries and home improvement stores. However, this product only works effectively to get rid of organic waste.
Here’s how to unclog toilets using enzyme products.
- First, read the instructions mentioned on the bottle or label.
- After this, pour the required amount of the enzyme as instructed into your toilet bowl.
- Now, wait for a few minutes so that enzymes will come into action and break the blockage materials. It will slowly soften the clog and allow the toilet to drain.
- Lastly, flush it multiple times if necessary.
These products don’t harm your pipes and your health. However, it will only work for organic waste; your toilet will not unclog when obstructed by toys or other solid objects.
The Bottom Line
Clogged toilets make flushing hard, and this will create a huge inconvenience for you. However, cleaning it is more frustrating and disgusting. Fortunately, there are some simple ways and techniques that you can use to remove the clog.
From specific cleaning tools to regular products, there are numerous ways by which you can clean and unclog your toilet. The five methods that we’ve mentioned in this blog are quick to apply, and they’ll surely unclog your toilet. So try these tricks and tips before you call a professional and get your toilet system back to normal.
So this is all about how to unclog a toilet when nothing works. I hope you find this step-by-step toilet unclogging and cleaning guide useful and helpful. Share this blog with your family and friends who are also facing toilet clogging issues.
For more interior decoration & designing ideas, keep visiting Interiorcraze.
For daily updates, follow us on our Instagram page Interiorcrazeofficial.