We always have dreamt about saving spaces while renovating our residence. There are plenty of areas where we think off but the idea we are going to share today is unique in its way, it can add a tinge of luxurious feel as well as can add a plethora of space.
Today we are going to discuss a unique type of Bathroom- Jack and Jill. Jack and Jill Bathroom; The name is quite amusing, and often makes the audience gossip about it. Don’t worry, we will inform you about the same. This article will inform you about Jack and Jill plans, how you can set up one, and how it will change the look of your house, maintaining privacy and space, both at the same time!
So, what is Jack and Jill bathroom? Well, Jack and Jill bathroom is nothing but a simple bathroom that is shared between two bedrooms. A Bathroom that is accessible from two different bedrooms. The bathroom has two doors, one towards one bedroom and second towards another.
This type of bathroom is typically constructed for the children. Siblings living in a house can have such a type of bathroom. It is constructed to save space. This way, other things can be re-adjusted in the space that is saved. Jack and Jill, the name comes from the famous nursery rhymes’ siblings.
Thus, to summarize, this type of Bathroom is often shared between two doors, having a bathtub but also maintaining decency and privacy at the same time.
What are the important aspects to look at if you are constructing Jack and Jill Bathroom?
Well, there are different areas that you can enhance by giving a touch. The following are those different aspects that you can consider.
You must have this on your priority list. Though you plan to share bathrooms, you also should keep in mind that you keep the privacy intact. Doesn’t matter if the users are male or female, you don’t want to run into awkward occasions like entering the bathroom while your counterpart is already using it. So, you need to build doors that can be locked from inside so that while in use, nothing can bother the person.
Now, you also need to have locks outside the doors. So that no one can come from inside to your space, disturbing your privacy. Also, one thing to consider is that if you are using such a bathroom, you need to have the habit of unlocking the door of your counterpart after you’re finished.
This will ensure smooth conduct with minimal trouble. This aspect is something you’ve to consider. Jack and Jill bathroom is easy to construct and understand the working but sometimes if the above-mentioned steps are not followed or privacy is not taken care of, many quarrels among the siblings can occur.
Layout types differ from house to house. But in general, make sure you use your available space right and set up the environment as per the household needs. The following are different types of layout that you can try on.
- Between the bedrooms, a complete bathroom consisting of a shower, toilet, bathtub, sinks, etc.
- A small toilet, inside the bathroom, only but connected to another section, while the rest of the things remain the same. This technique saves extra space and also the toilet is accessible from the other part.
- This aspect is very useful as it also saves space and gives comfort as well. Every other aspect such as sink, bathroom, mirrors, etc remains intact. This way, privacy is preserved and space is also not compromised. We also suggest the users provide an adequate amount of storage and other spaces to adjust the required materials for the users.
What are the different Designing ideas?
Well, to enhance the beauty of your Jack and Jill bathroom, you can have some beautiful add-ons. Following are some of the addons that you can use to beautify your Jack and Jill bathroom
Well, we suggest you have 3-way switches on your side so that the light can be turned on from both the entry-points. One from your counterpart side and one from yours. This way, the light can be turned on and off from every side which can be useful to save precious time and energy.
As we informed you, we suggest you ensure proper locking, both inside as well as outside the doors so that the privacy of the bathroom user as well as the other person living across the bedroom, remains secure.
Well, there are different concepts and application ways to set up a mirror inside the bathroom area. Sometimes, if you have a single sink, it is advisable to set up a mirror at an appropriate length above, which should be greater than the normal size.
Another thing that people think is if they have multiple sinks, then you can have multiple mirrors on top of each. If the time is consumed more inside, then you can set up mirrors inside the bedroom too, allowing the other person to get settled even outside.
Well, sliding doors are often very adjustable and saves a lot of space from the conventional swinging doors. There are lots of benefits of a sliding door that smooths out the movement. Hence, it is very much appropriate to install sliding doors for the bathroom. This ensures the smooth conduct of its usage.
Hooks for towels
You need to ensure that there is plenty of space available to fix hooks inside the bathroom. This way multiple towels and other necessary things can be towed on the hook. If there are no such provisions made, or there is no space to fix hooks at an appropriate position, then we suggest you fix the hooks on the back of the door.
This will save you space and will also put hooks inside, which will be helpful for the Jack and Jill Bathroom users.
Other in general ideas is to use the space provided beneath the sink or even set up a cupboard. You can also use the space around the bathroom to fix cabinets where you can keep your day to day stuff or also some kind of medicines and equipment.
Benefits of Jack and Jill bathroom
The following are some of the general benefits of having a jack and jill bathroom: –
- By having this type of bathroom, there is a sense of harmony and equality among the family members.
- It will ensure the kids are taught equality and know how to manage while sharing things.
- Bathroom doors are often having two-sided locks, ensuring privacy towards both ends of the Jack and Jill Bathroom.
- Saving of money and space, both can be achieved by this. Most of the time, the bathroom for a private room cost us very much. This cost along with the space of an extra bathroom can be saved by using such a type of bathroom. In Jack and Jill Bathroom, as we mentioned, the bathroom is shared and hence, it is very cost-effective.
Jack and Jill Bathroom ideas for decoration:
Well, there are various ideas that you can put up to enhance the bathroom. Following are a certain type of add-ons that often enriches the inside beauty
- Keep it Simple, very simple. Using normal colors, and plain and regular finishes give a soothing atmosphere. One thing you can do is to add certain features from both the users of the bathroom. This way, the Jack and Jill bathroom will remain exciting as well as it will remain simple and loving.
- Usage of scents can also be preferred if both the users are not allergic to a certain type of fragrance. Using candles, a colorful and aromatic atmosphere can be set up. Also, you can use different types of sprays that can make the atmosphere pleasing. This way, you can set up an aromatic atmosphere inside the Jack and Jill Bathroom.
- You can also add different kinds of artwork on the wall. Yes, you heard it correct, different types of artwork will enchant the vision. This way, both of the users will be given a chance to set up different artworks mutually.
- Another thing that can be done is to put different kinds of plants inside the place. Plants, scientifically, have been proven that they make humans happy. Moreover, the bright color also gives us pleasure inside. Putting one or two can give us positive vibes inside, and that will enhance the Jack and the Jill Bathroom.
- Moreover, you can also put different types of floor mats. This will make the movement smooth. They come in a variety of colors and can be set up on mutual preference.
- Last but not the least, you can also put dimmers and low-level lights inside in such a way that you can even connect them with your devices and change color from them. Amusing, isn’t it?
Shower Curtain bathroom
Everything according to the need, but you still need privacy whilst you are having a bath. This type of idea adds a water-resistant and durable curtain so that the privacy inside can remain intact. This type of idea is generally used in different variations instead of curtains such as glass or sliders.
This was all about the Jack and Jill bathroom ideas. If you are willing to include Jack and Jill bathroom plans, then we hope you find this article very useful. Jack and Jill bathroom is famous for ages and is a tricky change in routine. If you are willing to save space and also want to make sure your children bond strongly, then this type of bathroom will fulfill your desires.
For more architectural guidance and home improvement ideas, keep coming to Interiorcraze.